As the school year ramps back up I'm left reminiscing on this past summer vacation’s highlights.
1. I took my 9 year old niece rock climbing in the Red River Gorge, KY
2. I went on an 80+ hour road trip to the Midwest/Southeast to visit friends and family.
3. My beloved van was retired and I inherited my mother's Nissan Maxima.
|Art Work by Meg Bisharat (the van in all her glory)|
5. I took advantage of living in a beautiful valley filled with bike paths and alpine lakes.
6. And most importantly, I got to climb whenever I wanted!
This summer I managed to send a project that I'd been working on for longer than I care to admit. Simply Read is not exactly my style of a route. It's a powerful route with one very big move that sent me flying into my belayer over and over and over again. I honestly lost count of the number of times I fell on that move. If it's below 15 I'd be shocked.
As with all projects, the fateful day finally came when I stuck that one move from the ground! The rest of the climb is no joke, but I managed to get myself to the top. Luckily Joe Kinder was able to get a few shots of the send.