Simply Read, Rifle, CO
photo by Tobin Sanson

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beach Vacation

No summer vacation is complete without a visit to the beach!

The week after wrapping up the school year and packing up the classroom I headed to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida with my dear friend Kelly Philbin. Kelly teaches 1st grade at my school and seems to get my sense of humor. She's kind, endearing, and a ton of fun. She didn't even mind when I invited myself along on her summer trip to visit her father.

We spent a long weekend riding around in Kelly's dad's blue mustang convertible, plucking Jimmy Choo sunglasses out of the Atlantic, drinking a variety of vodka drinks, laying in the sun, swimming in the sea, and riding stand up paddle boards.

It was a glorious week and a perfect start to the summer.









Mary Shedd!




Kelly paddle boarding in the Atlantic

I love paddle boards. If anyone hears of a cheap one, please let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment